Monday, August 9, 2010

9 August 2010

Sorry, no pictures for today. I took a bunch, but I didn't have the memory card in the camera. Look for photos tomorrow.
I took Mandy to the airport in Piura last night. It was a long drive, but all went well. By now she is back in her apartment in Chicago with her dog and cats. I think she had a good time while she was here, but I know she missed her pets and was anxious to get home.
I spent the day in the studio. I assembled two sets of shelves for cones of yarn. I then unpacked a couple of boxes of yarns so things are starting to look like a studio. I also assembled a desk that I bought at the Peruvian version on Home Depot. Right now I am thinking my weaving studio will be separate from my sewing room. There just isn't enough space in the studio for everything. Thankfully we have other spaces to use.

1 comment:

  1. Missed the end of your thought but understand how much his mom has given to all the kids. I'm so sorry for what all of you are going through. Are you moved in enough that you are able to stay at the house without Doug? Did you get the piano set up and ready to play? It's hard to imagine you setting up your weaving before your piano - hee hee. Remember when you started taking piano lessons to strengthen your creative side? You never dreamed what that would start, did you? You are beyond creative, my friend!

    Hugs to Doug for a safe trip. We'll pray for comfort as it sounds like healing is not possible. Take care, both of you!

    ReplyDelete