Saturday, June 12, 2010

12 June 2010

Two new developments at the property today. The circulation tank and the
mechanical room for the pool were enclosed. And a column between the door
and the window in the bungalow was set in place.

At times it doesn't seem like much has happened and it is disheartening. Sometimes progress seems so slow, it's painful. I think it is even more so toward the end....we had expected to be in at the first of June...now we are looking at the first of July....Patience was never one of my strong points; but I'm trying.

The furniture we bought in Lima should be arriving tomorrow. With this shipment are two reclining/swivel chairs we are both looking forward to. In our temporary quarters, all we have are plastic chairs and the bed for sitting. Do I dare look forward to them coming?

I cooked a seafood chowder for dinner tonight. Jay is allergic to shrimp, so I cooked these separately so Doug and I could add them. It was really very good, if I do say so myself. Having fresh shrimp, calamari, and fish available only
makes it all that much better.


We also had fresh bread. Each morning the guard at the gate to the develpment buys bread for us. It's so good it doesn't last through the day. It comes by mototaxi each morning from a bakery in Mancora. We generally give the guard a tip, so he is more than happy to get it for us each morning.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment