Monday, March 8, 2010

8 March 2010

Another beautiful sunset tonight! We often go out to watch the sunset and grab the camera because they are so wonderful. It is a nice time of the day too, as it begins to cool off and there is usually a breeze coming off the ocean.

We had planned to go to Talara to get the truck serviced, but I wasn't feeling very well. I ended up sleeping until almost 1:00 in the afternoon.

Doug went down to El Refugio to trim the horses feet. Since it was so hot and humid, he only did two of them. He'll do the third one another day.

I spent much of the afternoon/evening getting my project on my loom. By about 4:00, I was able to begin the project. It is sooo nice to be back at my loom. My whole body relaxes and I can get quite absorbed. This project is a bathmat. I think I have enough material to get two mats.

The weather has been HOT and HUMID! The breeze has died down considerably and you really feel the heat when nothing stirs. This is also the "rainy" season, so it is more humid than other times of the year. Rainy is a relative term; we might have had a total of an inch in rain here this season. However, the mountains have had much more and all that filters down to the coast. From what I've heard, March is a hot and sticky month, but the temperature usually breaks in April.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment